Monday, June 28, 2010

Cool California


I keep hearing from friends and family in Houston how hot it is. I'm glad I'm here where the high temperature during the day is lower than the low temperature at night in Houston. But the water is cold in the Pacific--about 67 degrees now. It will warm to 70 or above later in the summer.

We had a nice dinner on June 25 with Craig's family and some mutual friends. It would have been our 49th anniversary. We often forgot our anniversaries but I probably won't now. Each day is maybe a little better but then something happens that reminds me of the past. I guess that will never entirely pass--and I don't want it to.


Tonight I will join Craig and the boys at a Padres game. They are doing very well this year. Hope my going won't jinx them.

Last week I took a walk along the lagoon near our condo. There is a heron rookery there but the "babies" are all grown up and about to leave the nest. It is hard to see them but I tried to get a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! Is that the mother or the baby heron?

    ReplyDelete