Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wild Animals



Last week Gavin and Christopher and I went to the Wild Animal Park, which is part of the San Diego Zoo, but is inland a little ways. Last year Sally and I joined the Zoo as members and went to the main zoo with the boys, and we were going to go to the Wild Animal Park, but the weather got too warm so we didn't. Since it is inland it can get into the 90's or even 100's there. We thought we would go this year. Well, when I got back to this area, I realized that our membership was still valid and since the weather has been cool, I decided that the boys and I would go. So we did and had a great time. It was warm (in the 80s) but quite nice. The park has a lot of acres and the animals have a lot of freedom to roam. Of course they keep the lions away from the zebras, but it is pretty natural in other ways. Anyway, we went and spent several hours there. I am posting a picture of three of the wild animals here (above). I am also posting a picture of a very young elephant born there with mom. It's worth seeing and I only wish that we had gone with Sally last year--but she was with us this year, I'm sure. .

1 comment: