Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sun is out

We have had a long string of pretty gloomy days with overcast skies for most of the day and temperatures in the low 70's high 60's. But for the last couple of days, the sun has been up first thing in the morning and the days have been warm. This has helped my mood--can now go to the beach without freezing. I know, I know, most people in this country are suffering with triple digit heat, so I can't really complain.

Recently I was asked if I still feel Sally's presence here. Of course I do--This place is so Sally. For the last couple of days, an Oriole came and sat on our balcony--they are magnificent and I can't help but think that Sally had something to do with it. This is quite unusual for them to come to our railing.

Craig and his family have been great. I have been having dinner with them most every night and have been going to the Padres games with Craig and the boys also. Last weekend we went to see "Avenue Q" downtown San Diego. Very funny, but a little raunchy. It is basically a muppet like puppet show and they warn about "full puppet nudity" as you go in. But I don't think the boys were too traumatized by it.

We're going to try something new and hopefully fun. One day a week, I will join Kathie to make some sort of interesting, different dinner. She bought a Tajine, which is a Moroccan pottery dish for slow cooking meat and spices. We will try a lamb dish this week and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment