Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Good Day!!!!

We went to he gastroenterologist yesterday and he suggested that Sally use Gaviscon Tablets after each meal. He thought that might work faster than Prevacid. So we stopped at Walgreens on the way home and picked some up. Sally went to bed at 8pm last night. She awoke at 3am feeling hungry. She came out to the kitchen and had part of a lamb chop from the previous dinner, a banana and something else. She came back to bed and when she got up again, she started cooking some sausage! I mean, this is unbelievable---All day she has felt so much better that the past month, I am holding my breath. We go for the endoscopy on Wednesday to see if there is anything in the upper GI tract. So I am encouraged and personally feel better and have more energy than I have had in weeks.
And on top of that Stanford slaughtered USC--what a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. This is great news! It is wonderful that Sally is eating and will regain some strength. Thanks for setting up this site and allowing us to follow her progress. We think of you both and your family daily and are praying for Sally's re-newed health. I am so excited to have found your Blog Alan. The email went to my junk mail account and I just received it today. Thanks again! Take care for now! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a break through! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is wonderful news. I'm glad she is getting past the stomach problems. And so glad you are feeling better, as well, Alan. Come to think of it, I feel much better having gotten this encouraging info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my day! This has been wonderful being able to check in with you all to hear how things are going. And hearing good news about Sally's appetite is very encouraging.

    Hugs to you both!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete