Thursday, October 21, 2010

What to do?

A day or two after I got back to Texas, I got a call from a family that lives in our subdivision. They were friends of our neighbors and had heard about Sally. Anyway, the call was about me considering selling our house. This was the last thing on my mind, and my first thought was that I was not up to the trauma that would incur. But, thinking about it, I began to see some upside to this. After Sally's death, I thought I would eventually sell this large house and move into someplace smaller, but I had no plans to pursue this at this time. Our house is very large and would be perfect for a large family with room for guests. With me, I am a little like a molecule in a large space bouncing around with Brownian movement. There are parts of the house I essentially never visit except to make sure that fox or bear or something hasn't moved in. So to have someone interested to buy it without having to market it or to get a realtor involved seemed like something I should take seriously. So I am thinking about it. I don't know, but with the swan appearing and now this spontaneous offer for the house--I''m almost wondering if this is meant to be. Keep tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment