Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm back in Richmond

Well, I am now back in Richmond and trying to get settled here. I spent a few days in Tucson with my good friends, Ray and Julie Woosley. Tucson is really an interesting and beautiful part of the country with the saguaro and other desert plants and animals. I am flying back this time so that I don't have to worry about driving alone on that long drive. I got back on Tuesday evening and tried to get oriented as to where I was and what time it was.

Coming back to this house has been sorta difficult. All of the things that Sally had done to the house and yard make me sad. Lorrie came over today and we are going to try and simplify things such as pots and plants etc. to try and make some changes. I'm sure that will help.

About a week ago a swan flew into our lake and has been here ever since. I didn't know that swans flew around looking for homes, but this one did and I hope he stays. He is so beautiful and calm, just swimming around. Yesterday morning, first thing I went outside and the swan raised up and flapped its wings in my direction as a greeting. I think Sally sent the swan as a welcome home.

Tomorrow would have been Sally's birthday. Lorrie and her friends are making plans to do some fun stuff with me to keep my mind off this significant day. One day at a time, they say and I think I have to go through all these anniversaries to get through this process.

1 comment:

  1. Alan, it was wonderful to see you today. It was nice to share a birthday toast in honor of Sally. I know she was smiling! I'm glad her birthday came with beautiful weather! I think she must have brought the swan yesterday and the butterflies today! Thanks to you and Lorrie for letting Shari and me celebrate with you!
    Fondly,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete