Friday, September 10, 2010

Dungeness Crabs

I meant to say on the last post that Jimmy packed up 8 or 9 Dungeness crabs for me to take home on the plane. He catches them and quickly cleans and cooks and then freezes them. So I had a box of crabs to carry on the plane back to Carlsbad. I labeled them "Dungeness Crabs" so that the security folks at the airport would know what they were looking for. I also told the TSA guy what they were and there was no problem. But because the box was labeled, everyone who saw it had to make a comment. And when I got on the plane, the stewardess took one look and said that she was going to melt some butter and open a bottle of wine.

Anyway, I got them home and the next night we had a crab feast at Craig's. I have saved about four crabs to have another feast when Lorrie gets here next week. They were great and I am looking forward to next week's dinner.

I will be returning to Texas the first week of October. I plan to fly this time. Sally and I always drove out to have a car when we were here. This time I am leaving a car here. I will first fly to Tucson to see my friends, the Woosleys and then will go on to IAH. I missed the downpours in Texas of last week and I hope there are no hurricanes in the future to greet me when I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment