Friday, December 3, 2010

Interesting

After Thanksgiving I had a period of real sadness when I got home--kind of a relapse. It is still so hard to realize that Sally is really gone for good. But now I feel better--the swan appeared for a day and so that cheered me up. I am getting more busy doing consulting and that is good. It is fun thinking about problems and helping to come up with plans to address them.

Today, Lorrie and I went over to a new development in Sugar Land. It is a group of town homes that are in an area with lots of restaurants, a park like setting including a lake and a fitness club down the road. They were quite wonderful. They are new construction. There are a few bank foreclosures that were taken over by a real estate company and finished. So now I am thinking seriously about perhaps moving and simplifying my life. These are quite large places, bigger than I would really want, but they are in a great location. One potential problem is that they are three story homes so there are a lot of stairs. That is ok with me now, but who knows in the future. But the prices are pretty reasonable now and they might be a pretty good investment if the economy ever recovers. So that is something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment