Saturday, December 12, 2009

Glad we got the wig!

Sally's hair loss has begun in earnest yesterday and today. She washed her hair and brushed it and had a sink full of hair. Pretty soon she will probably want to shave the rest off, but for now it still covers her head. The wig that Sally and Lorrie got looks great. The color and shading seems pretty close to Sally's hair. They also got a hat and we ordered some more hats and head covering online. So that is a start. Although this is tough on Sally, we are both ok with it and I think with the wig etc it will look great. By the way the wig is called a "cranial prosthesis" so they say. I might post a picture of her in her new wig and/or hat if she allows me.

We are getting ready for the next dose of chemotherapy that will be on Wednesday afternoon. This will be done at the oncologist's office, which is in Methodist Sugar Land hospital and takes a couple of hours. Sally is to eat lunch before going in for the chemo. We're both hoping that she will tolerate this dose a well as the last one and I don't see any reason to suggest that shouldn't be the case. In fact she is in much better shape now than she was 3 weeks ago before the first round of chemo.

We have been told that laughter is good medicine so we are searching for some funny movies or sitcoms that we can get from netflix. If anyone has any suggestions, please leave a comment. We read all your comments and thank you for them. It helps Sally to know that her friends and family are keeping track of her.

3 comments:

  1. I will bet she looks cute in her new hair.
    Would love to see a picture in the wig or hat.

    Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally-You look terrific in that wig!!
    and...and with your beautiful, warm smile....

    Loved the picture...I (and I am sure all the blogger-followers as well) am so glad you sent.

    Best to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally & Alan!
    I'm so happy to see you smiling Sally, and love your idea to stay positive by laughing, so here's some of my favorites that do that for us...
    Are you The Office fans? We rented each season in order last year during the campaigns and it was the best distraction! I guess nothing makes me me laugh more than Michael and Dwight...

    Also, some good funny movies:
    Multiplicity
    Birdcage
    The Odd Couple (the original)
    Plaza Suite (the wedding)

    Good luck tomorrow....I will be thinking of you..
    Christy Cody

    ReplyDelete