Thursday, February 7, 2013

One week after surgery

It's just a week after surgery and improvement is oh so gradual.  I have been walking daily, up to 1.5 miles and plan to continue this regimen. Pain initially improved pretty rapidly, but it seems to have stabilized for the last few days.  The pain is primarily in the lower back area where the surgery was done. The pain in the left buttock is gone, I think, but when the pain in the back gets bad, it is hard to be sure.  I do have a little referred pain into the left ankle area.  But overall the left sided pain I had before is better. I'm hoping with more healing, all this pain will resolve.  I am trying to take only acetaminophen for pain and this seems to be enough most of the time.

I go back to the doctor next week on Friday and hope that by then he can remove all the stitches.  I still have a dressing over the wound and a small amount of drainage that is improving over time.  There is no evidence of anything going wrong, like infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment