Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pretty busy

I am back in California for the rest of the summer, I hope. Lorrie is supervising the process of getting the house on the market including getting everything looking great for the sale. The realtors will be "staging" it soon. I hope it will sell. It is a lot of work for Lorrie. She is an expert in interior design (has a bachelor's degree in that from CSU) so she is perfect for this challenge.

Since getting back to California, I have been traveling some. I spent a week on the east coast First I was in Princeton, NJ for a meeting and then went to NY to meet up with Barry and Laura, my friends from Merck days. NY is warm these days. On the weekend, we went upstate to their country place which is near the MA border. It was much cooler and fresher there. We were joined by three other couples from Merck or ex-Merck. The so called "Old Farts Club". I hadn't seen any of these folk since I retired in 2002. So it was great fun swapping stories. Saturday we went to Tanglewood, the summer venue for the Boston Symphony, Sunday we went on a 6 mile hike before returning to the city. I was experimenting with a photo app on the iphone that allows for 360 degree panoramas. It is posted here if you are interested.

Hope my next post will be about all the imminent sale of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment