Monday, January 10, 2011

Probate

Well, this morning I was at the Fort Bend County Court for probate of Sally's will. Most of the things were in trust, but the house is jointly owned and was not in trust. In Texas, homes are not usually joint ownership with right of survival, but just joint ownership. So half of the house is now in Sally's estate. I hope to sell the house anyway, so I don't know what this all means, but at least the probate has been done.

I am still doing a little negotiating with the seller of the Condo in Sugar Land, but that should be finished soon. Currently closing is the end of February, but I may try and move that up. There are a few things that need to be done before I could move in and the sooner I can get started on that, the better.

Doing things with Val is really good for me. We're off to see a movie this afternoon (King's speech).

No comments:

Post a Comment