Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving in Carlsbad

A couple of weeks ago Kathie called me and asked whether I could come to California for Thanksgiving. She reminded me that I had not spent Thanksgiving with them in California for a very long time. Sally and I had always spent Thanksgiving in Texas since we moved here in 2002. We would have Thanksgiving at Lorrie's usually. Once or twice Craig and Kathie came to Texas for Thanksgiving but it'd been quite a long time ago. So, I decided to see if I could get airplane reservations for the holiday. And I was successful. I am leaving on Sunday and returning on Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am really looking forward to it. Craig is thinking about smoking a turkey in their smoker. It will also be good to see the condo and make sure everything is okay there. I left the Honda Civic in California so I will have a car while I am there without having to rent one. I hope to be able to take some pictures of their family.


Craig, Kathie, Christopher, and Gavin are planning to come to Texas for Christmas. So it won't be long between these two holidays. The boys are always excited to see their cousins. At Christmas I'm hoping that everyone will have a chance to look over all the stuff that is in this house and decide what they might want some time if I were to move. Right now, it doesn't appear that I am going to be moving soon but I might find some place that would be suitable. That would mean that I would need to get rid of a lot of stuff.


Lorrie has helped me clean out some of the things that have never been used but were stuck in drawers here. I still have a long ways to go to get this place organized so that I know where everything is. I'm sure that Sally knew where everything was but I don't. Gradually though I'm getting things cleaned out and organized so that I can find them.


I'm not at all sure that I'm going to be sending out Christmas cards this year. I think most people have been following the blog if they wish to know what's happening. If I have the energy or the willingness to put together something with perhaps a picture I will send it out to some people. There might be some people who don't even know about Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment