Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good week

As has been the pattern, this week prior to Chemo next Wednesday has been good. Sally has been a little tired, but feeling well and eating well. Today for the first time in a long time we went out and had some Tex-Mex food--being careful to order stuff that was not too spicy. Sally ate it well although it is difficult for anyone to clean up their plate at one of these places. When we got home, she decided she wanted to drive herself to the supermarket. This is the first time she has driven in about 3 months--so that is quite a milestone. I'm worried that now she will want to go shopping at her favorite stores--but I don't think she is quite ready for that yet. My next goal is to get Sally to join me at a Yoga class. I think she would do fine and she used to go. The other people at yoga ask about her all the time and miss her cheery smile. The weather has improved--It's almost spring down here (I hope). And we remain in good spirits. Thank you all for your notes and your concern and support.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sally and Alan,

    Great talking with you today. Your blog is terrific including the group picture at Christmas. I had not realized Texas had alligators.

    Nancy and I wish you the best.

    All our love,

    Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about the Mexican food outing and seeing Sally and the alligator! Your blog is sounding very Texan!!
    I hope you all are staying cozy with this drab rainy weather. If it gets you down just remember you are in Texas and the sun will be out very soon.
    Nice to hear your good reports!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete