Monday, December 23, 2013

It's nearly Christmas

This is a short post to let you know that I have posted pictures and a slideshow of our Galapagos trip to Picasa, if you want to see more than I had on the last post.  Also to let you know that my rib is gradually feeling better.  It is 2 weeks out since the accident and I still can't sleep well since I can't move off my back due to the pain.  But I am getting around pretty well during the day.  I went to a doctor last week and had an x-ray.  The fracture is in the 6th rib on the right.  There is also a large pleural effusion (fluid surrounding the lung) on the right.  The doctor thinks it is probably blood from the injured lung when the rib fractured.  We decided to let nature heal the problem.  It may take a month or more for the x-ray to normalize, but there is no compelling reason to be more aggressive as long as my breathing is ok--which it is.  I hope to be nearly well when I next visit this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment