Thursday, May 3, 2012

Two years

Yesterday was exactly two years after Sally's death. It has gotten easier to handle the loss, but on the actual day, it was still hard. I try to remember all the many years of good things and to not dwell on the last few days or weeks in April/May, 2010.  Lorrie and Craig share my feelings, but I think that we are all doing pretty well.


Val and I went up to Austin last weekend to see some of her friends.  It is a fun city to visit--maybe the best in Texas.  Their motto is "keep Austin weird".  And it is--in some ways.  Just before leaving, I noticed a dent in the tailgate of our SUV and I can't figure out what happened.  I think it may have been damaged in the hotel garage somehow.  Anyway, the car is now in the shop being healed.


Speaking of healing, my back is still improved.  In the past two weeks since the epidural steroid injection, there has been some return of back pain on the left, but the bad "nerve" pain radiating into the left buttock has not returned. So I am still pleased and hope that it will remain as is for a while.  I am not doing anything that might bother it, but I do use the recumbent bike and take some walks on our lake.  Spring is clearly here with newborn ducks in the lake.
You Talkin to Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment